To further the objectives of EICT Academy under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), IFACET brings you various courses in Emerging Technologies, Computer Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Business and many more. This course is curated and delivered by Industry Experts equipped with a wealth of experience and an in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
Course Type : Self Paced Videos / Online Live Delivery
Duration : 8 hours
Total Lectures :
- Number of Videos for the above (if SPP) : 22
- Number of lectures for the above (if OLD) : 8
Skill Level : Moderate
Certificate : Yes/No
Requirements : Zoom / Classroom
Target Audience : Current and future entrepreneurs, investors, and finance professionals.
Module 1: Introduction to Entrepreneurial Finance
- Entrepreneurship concept and its relevance.
- Learning about a venture from Financial Statements.
- The Entrepreneurial Journey.
- Firm versus startup financing.
- Why startup financing is difficult?
- Why banks hesitate financing startups?
Module 2: The entrepreneurial Financing Process
- Who Finances Startups?
- Staged financing.
- Typical ways of Exit.
- Building financial projections and financial plan.
Module 3: Ownership and Valuation.
- Mechanics of Ownership and Valuation.
- The Capitalization table.
- Pre- and Post-money Valuation and Capitalization table.
- Risk, return and valuation.
- Valuing Entrepreneurial Companies – different methods.
Module 4: Structuring Deals-Term Sheets
- Term sheets and various rights.
- Preferred securities.
- Valuation versus Terms.
- Exit strategies.
- Da Rin, M., and Hellmann, T. (2020), “Fundamentals of entrepreneurial finance”, Oxford University Press.
- Lerner, J., Leamon, A., Felda Hardymon, F. (2012), “Venture Capital, Private Equity, and the Financing of Entrepreneurship”, John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Benninga, S. (2014), “Financial modeling”, Fourth edition, The MIT Press.