Information collection and use:
- We are fully committed to protecting the privacy of the users of our website.
- We collect as minimal information as required from the users (for the stated purpose / at the time of usage only) and any information collected is kept private and shall never be shared, sold, or rented with any other third party.
- Information that is not personal in nature, i.e., IP addresses, web browsers, etc. may be collected with the intention of providing better services.
- Information collected may also be used for future communications.
- Information storage and access:
While our staff may have access to a limited amount of data, it shall be done only when there is a legitimate need of the same.
The information available to external sites:
Notwithstanding anything stated above, the Institute reserves the right to share information with third parties under special circumstances such as at the direction of law enforcement officials, courts, and others based on its discretion.
We play the role of a Data Processor when we collect and process Personal Data on behalf of another Data Controller
We commit to protecting your privacy and hence our Personal Data handling practices are continually reviewed to ensure compliance with the applicable Privacy laws and regulations
PERSONAL INFORMATION GATHERED BY IFACET, IIT Kanpur
The information we learn and gather from you, personal or otherwise, is used to register you, verify your identity to permit you to use the app, undertake transactions (including to facilitate and process payments), communicate with you, convey any promotional offers, services or updates associated with IFACET, IIT Kanpur, and generally maintain your accounts with us. We also use this information to customize your experience and improve IFACET, IIT Kanpur.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US:
We receive and store any information you provide while using IFACET, IIT Kanpur, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use IFACET, IIT Kanpur. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as opening your account, processing your transactions, responding to your requests, and communicating with you
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our Services. We may also receive/store information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information for internal analysis and provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES:
We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Categories of Personal Data collected and processed by us are as follows;
Demographic & Identity data
Contact details such as name, email address, contact number, shipping address, country, date of birth, profile picture Open data and public records such as information about YOU that is openly available on the internet Details such as Transaction amount, Bank Name, Card Type, Card number.
Online Identifiers and other Technical Data
- Location details such as data we get about your location, IP address, logs, or from where you connect a computer to the internet
- Technical details such as device information, location, and network carrier when you use our mobile applications
- Communications details such as the Metadata and other Personal Data we get from communications done through e-mails, SMS, instant messages, and calls
- Usage data details such as data about how you use our website or web-based properties, pages viewed, etc.
PURPOSES OF GATHERING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services. These purposes include:
PURCHASE AND DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
PROVIDE, TROUBLESHOOT, AND IMPROVE IFACET, IIT Kanpur
We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the IFACET, IIT Kanpur.
RECOMMENDATIONS AND PERSONALIZATION
We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalize your experience with IFACET, IIT Kanpur.
COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to IFACET, IIT Kanpur via different channels (e.g., by phone, e-mail, chat).
We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you.
LAWFUL BASES OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We are permitted to process your Personal Data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations by relying on one or more of the following lawful bases:
- You have explicitly agreed to us processing your Personal Data for a specific reason
- The processing is necessary to perform the agreement we have with you or to take steps to enter into an agreement with you
- The processing is necessary to be in compliance with our Legal Obligations
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest (“Legitimate Interest”) pursued by us, such as to provide services to you, to evaluate, develop or improve our products and services
Where the processing is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. You may withdraw consent by contacting us. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, consequences of withdrawal will be communicated to you and, upon your agreement, your request for withdrawal will be processed.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKERS USED BY OUR DIGITAL PROPERTIES
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Similarly, there are other types of trackers used. Likewise, Mobile Apps use requisite permissions and SDKs. These are used to make Websites & Apps work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website/ App.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER
We understand that when you interact with IFACET, IIT Kanpur, you have rights over your Personal Data. These rights involve providing reasonable steps to allow you to access your personal data, correct any errors among others. In the event that you are not satisfied with our response or have unresolved concerns, you can get in touch with us to resolve the issue by means of firstname.lastname@example.org
- To protect privacy and security, we’ll verify the customer’s identity before giving access.
- Everyone will have to create their account to place orders on the Site. You have to keep your account updated for communications related to your purchases from the site.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions, the customer agrees to receive promotional mail or messages.
- These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of India without reference to conflict of laws principles and disputes arising in relation hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts as decided by the portal.
- The portal may terminate its access by any customer if he/she disobeys any of the Terms & Conditions of our website.
*Kindly note that these policies may be updated from time to time in recognition of internet technologies, and the evolving threats with them.