To further the objectives of EICT Academy under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), IFACET brings you various courses in Emerging Technologies, Computer Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Business and many more. This course is curated and delivered by Industry Experts equipped with a wealth of experience and an in-depth understanding of the subject matter.
This course is designed for a student who wants to go in the field of Computer Forensics or Digital Forensics. Computer Forensic is a comprehensive program focusing on the latest way for data acquisition techniques and data retrieval techniques in a forensically sound manner so that the evidence can be presented in the court. Real time demonstration of latest forensic techniques, methodologies, tools, tricks and integrity measures.
- Basic Computer Knowledge & Ethical Hacking Concepts
Key Learning Outcomes:
- After completing this course, you will be able to know about forensically handle data and retrieval of data from any evidence media.
- Students who want to get selected in Top-Tier IT Companies like TCS, Infosys, Microsoft, Samsung, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Wipro and all leading MNC’s of the world.
- M. Tech/B. Tech/MCA/BCA/Any Graduate or Diploma Holder
Test & Evaluation
- During the program, the participants will have to take all assignments given to them for better learning.
- At the end of the program, a final assessment will be conducted.
- All successful participants will be provided with a certificate of completion.
- Students who do not complete the course / leave it midway will not be awarded any certificate.
- Faculty Name: Rahul Gupta/ Mudit Mathur
- Duration: 100 hours (40 hours ONLINE LIVE sessions + 60 Hours of assignment)
- Delivery Mode: 100 % Online Live Instructor LED Training
Module 1 – Computer Forensics in Today’s World
- Understanding Computer Forensics
- Cyber Crime (Types of Computer Crimes)
- Cyber Crime Investigation
- Rules of Forensics Investigation
- Understanding Digital Evidence
- Rules of Evidence
- Forensics Readiness
Module 2 – Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Phases Involved in the Computer Forensics Investigation Process
- Pre-investigation Phase
- Investigation Phase
- Post-investigation Phase
Module 3 – Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
- Hard Disk Drive Overview
- Disk Partitions and Boot Process
- Understanding File Systems
- RAID Storage System
- File System Analysis
Module 4 – Data Acquisition and Duplication
- Data Acquisition and Duplication Concepts
- Static Acquisition
- Validate Data Acquisitions
Module 5 – Defeating Anti-forensics Techniques
- Anti-Forensics techniques
- Password Protection
- Recovering the Deleted Partitions
- Artifact Wiping
Module 6 – Operating System Forensics (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Windows Forensics
- Linux Forensics
- MAC Forensics
Module 7 – Network Forensics
- Introduction to Network Forensics
- Fundamental Logging Concepts
- Event Correlation Concepts
- Network Forensic Readiness
- Network Traffic Investigation
- Documenting the Evidence
- Evidence Reconstruction
Module 8 – Investigating Web Attacks
- Web Attack Investigation
- Investigating Web Server Logs
- Tools for Locating IP Address
Module 9 – Database Forensics
Module 10 – Cloud Forensics
- Usage of Cloud Forensics
- Stakeholders and their Roles
- Investigating Cloud Storage Services
Module 11 – Malware Forensics
- Malware Analysis: Static
- Malware Analysis: Dynamic
- Analysis of Malicious Documents
- Malware Analysis Challenges
Module 12 – Investigating Email Crimes
- Email System
- Email Crimes (Email Spamming, Mail Bombing/Mail Storm, Phishing, Email Spoofing, Crime via Chat Room, Identity Fraud/Chain Letter)
- Steps to Investigate Email Crimes and Violation
- Examine E-mail Messages
- Laws and Acts against Email Crimes
Module 13 – Mobile Phone & IOT Forensics
- Mobile Forensics Process
- Forensics Imaging
- Platform Security Removal Techniques: Jailbreaking/Rooting
- Android Forensics Analysis
Module 14 – Dark Web Forensics
- Dark Web Forensics
- Tor Browser Investigation
- Checking Files
Module 15 – Forensics Report Writing and Presentation
- Writing Investigation Reports
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Dealing with Media
1. Why should I join Winter Training Program 2023-24 from EICT IIT, Kanpur?
EICT IIT, Kanpur are designed to equip with latest techniques and concepts of the Industry. Throughout these courses, you will engage in hands-on sessions and projects. The practical experience will enable you to tackle to real world challenges effectively. Upon successful completion you will be awarded an Industry recognised certificate from EICT IIT, Kanpur.
2. Who can do this Training program / Eligibility for the program?
Any student who is an Undergraduate, Graduate or Postgraduate which includes all B.Tech / MCA/M.Sc IT/B.Sc IT/BCA/PGDCA/MBA/BBA/PGDM and IT aspirants. Faculty members teaching at Undergraduate, Graduate and Postgraduate or at school levels. Working professionals who wish to improve/upgrade their skills
3. What is the last date for enrollment?
The enrollment process is on a “FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE” basis. Only 150 Seats are available at each and every course, Once seats are filled then particular batch admission will be closed
4. Is there a hostel facility available for Winter Training Program 2023-2024?
Hostel facility is NOT available for Winter Training Program 2023-24 at IIT Kanpur Campus. Student’s who wish to pursue classroom training have to arrange for the same on their own.
5. What is criteria of the certificate?
In order to get a certificate a minimum of 80% attendance is mandatory failing which the student will not be eligible for any certificate. The student who is absent during the examination or fails in the exam shall not be allowed for re- examination under any circumstances. Student who will be absent during assessment will be provided course attended certificate provided his/her attendance is 80%.
6. Can I switch from one course to another course ?
Usually we do not support change of courses. But if it is necessary then a student can request by dropping an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with payment invoice.
7. Can I switch from one batch to another batch?
Batch switching is dependent on the availability of the seats .To switch batches a student can request by dropping an email at email@example.com .
8. What is the Fee Refund Policy?
Usually, we do not provide refunds once the enrollment process has been completed. However, if a participant is unable to join the course due to unavoidable circumstances, they may apply for a refund. The request for a refund should be made 48 hours before the start date of the course/program, whether it is conducted live online or offline. To initiate the refund process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then acknowledge your refund application via email.
Please note that students who do not join, attend, or inform us of their absence from classes will not be eligible for any refunds under any circumstances. The refunded amount will be returned to the same account from which the payment was made. The processing time for refund applications is approximately 2 to 3 weeks from the date of acceptance by our team.
The refund amount will be transferred to the account through which the original payment was made and only through electronic transfer.
For any query call us at +91 7992088885 or fill the form below